Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Critique and getting completely lost

Yesterday and today I spent the majority of my time wandering and getting to know the city. And that is the fancy way of saying I got completely lost twice or three times if you count Monday in there, too. Poggi, the Holy Grail of oil flesh colors, was finally found! Monday there was the search, Tuesday there was the find and today it was actually open! Yesterday after finding it I just wandered around and ended up once again at the Pantheon, then down a narrow street that lead, coincidentally, to a medieval tower called the Monkey Tower:




Above is the back of a palace that I think was a tribute to the second to last king (built my him, finished my his son) but... I could be wrong because I was completely lost. Completely.


When I finally found the metro I was so happy I took a picture before going down the steps.


Here is the final painting... basically my critique was all the things that bothered different people that amounted to... everything. Haha, the sky was too close to the tube color, the clouds were too cliché, the middle was too flat, the tomatoes too arbitrary. My professor just straight up said "This painting really bugs me." But... at least it's over, right?

No comments: